Taking care of our customers, employees and agents is a top priority for Liberty Mutual Insurance. We recognize the uncertainty and financial challenges many of our mutual customers are facing due to COVID-19. To help Liberty Mutual small commercial customers, we have taken the following actions:
Liberty Mutual Businessowners Policy (BOP) Refund
Today, we’re announcing a 15% refund on two months of premium for all Businessowners policies, including those that are written as part of a .
Here’s what you can expect:
- Small commercial customers will receive a 15% refund of two months of their annual BOP premium for policies in-force as April 1, 2020, pending regulatory approval.
- The refunds will begin in the upcoming weeks and will be issued by check.
- The payments will happen automatically. Customers do not need to call Liberty Mutual to receive the refund.
Payment flexibility options
- Late fee charges have been automatically stopped and cancellations due to non-payment have been temporarily paused for small commercial customers from March 23 through at least June 1, 2020.
- We continue to work with individual customers to extend payment dates if needed and provide personalized support.
Other small business customer support
- We are Hired and Non-Owned Auto coverage to our existing restaurant and other main street business policyholders to fill insurance gaps if they decide to add delivery to their service.
- We are with policy effective dates of April 1 through July 31.